It’s the best of times–it’s the worst of times!
Parents of teens enjoy complaining about their teens–and rightly so. Few of us are blessed with perfect children ( and please, if you have perfect children you’re either lying or grossly deceived).
But teens are useful and good for lots of stuff! Here’s a list to help us remember why we love and appreciate our teens.
- drive to Starbucks to pick up your over-priced coffee.
- shop for groceries and never forget the salt-sugar-carb snacks.
- announce how your new dress really looks.
- point out new wrinkles or grey roots.
- confess that your style is looking “old lady.”
- pump gas and wash your car.
- invoke memories of when you could eat anything and still look fab in a bikini.
- demonstrate the latest
- answer most of your technology questions.
- inspire you too keep your car insurance paid up.
- embolden you to ask for a raise and climb the corporate ladder.
- lighten the load in your wallet
- teach you to laugh and cry at the exact same time.
- require you to develop a sense of humor.
- give you a reason to play the iconic “I Will Survive” song to banish their dating blues.
- enliven any dinner discussion.
- help determine the G forces on any door.
- provide proof of the need to have unlimited texting/wifi service.
- assist with emptying the cookie jar.
- hone your sleeping skills so that you can hear the sound of a footfall on carpet
- improve your sense of smell–alcohol breath can be detected from 5 feet away.
- communicate colorful new words for body parts or actions.
- motivate you to get out of bed early Saturday morning to watch their games/performances.
- make late night ice cream runs
Yep, teens are useful!
How are YOUR teenagers useful???