Oh well, here’s The List AND the reasons I probably won’t be able to keep them. (I’m not pessimistic,simply realistic)
1. Get in shape/lose weight. This is a biggie and has been a permanent resident on my resolution list since I had children. It requires several never-gonna-happen events: stop cooking for my family, waking up earlier ( 5 am is early enough, thank you) and giving up something ( day job-mmmm), writing ( never), and sleeping 7 hrs a day.
2. Buy fewer shoes. As every fashionista knows, if you don’t have the right shoe, the whole outfit is just ruined! OK, let’s see if I can modify this one…
3. Buy only shoes that are comfortable. I love high heels, relish a bad-ass shoe, but I also need functionality–the two don’t usually go hand in hand.
4. Laugh at all Hubby’s bad jokes. I could probably pull this one off–maybe…
5. Try to watch at least one football game with Hubby. If I read a novel or edit my own while watching will it still count?
6. Clean and organize the garage. This one I look forward to-I could just order a giant dumpster and haul EVERYTHING (almost) into it. However, this will result in a major brouhaha with Hubby.
7. Check outlet malls before paying retail. In my neck of the woods there are 3 stores. Neiman Marcus’ Last Call, Saks Fifth Avenue’s Off Fifth, and Nordstroms’ The Rack. I dunno..that’s a lot of lookie-lu time for a busy author.
9. Be less sarcastic.I think it’s a genetic thing; fighting DNA is sooo impossible.
10. Tell family I love them more often. I think “Take out the trash” really reflects the same sentiment, don’t you? Also, nothin’ says “I love you” better than making the dinner for the familia.