Confessions of a Multi-tasking Flunky
I try to multi-task, but end up making more work for myself. Frequent do-overs are required, which is sooo not efficient! I can’t be the only one who fails at effective multi-tasking, right?
Here’s a quick list of dumb stuff I do while thinking-plotting-talking- writing-blogging- texting- posting-tweeting-creating.
- Applying hand lotion before walking out the door–oops! Can’t turn the doorknob!
- Not checking to see if reading glasses are in my purse before leaving the house—nah, I didn’t need to read anything today.
- Putting a meal in the oven only to forget about it while completing other tasks. “What’s burning?” Aw, damn!
- Never remembering if I closed the garage door and looping the neighborhood to find out.
- Forgetting to include the email attachment before hitting SEND.
- Leaving the grocery list at home. (A photographic memory would come in handy.)
- Neglecting to hit SEND on a text, then wondering why the recipient didn’t reply.
- Forgetting to gas the car after work, which means filling it at 6 am.
- Asking someone a question and not listening to the answer.
- Looking for reading glasses—that are on my head.
- Taking leftovers home, shoving them in the fridge, and never eating them.
- Writing to-do lists and promptly misplacing them.
- Putting a load of clothes in the wash and leaving it there for days.
- Misplacing the cell phone. I wonder if there is Clapper app I could install?
- Neglecting to transfer the important items when changing my purse–like my house key.
- Never tightening the lid on the water bottle. This is the most expensive misstep of all because the technology goes for a refreshing dip and Apple gets more of my money.
Hubby and kiddos could probably add a few others—and they tried—but my snippy-sassy reply just sent them running!
Related Posts: Random Realities