Chakra means wheel of light and refers to the energy that all life possesses and resonates.
The body has 7 distinct energy sources that reveal and control the emotional, spiritual, physical, and mental health. Belief in these subtle forces originated thousands of years ago and are found in ancient Vedic texts ( Indian Sanskrit ). Whether you’re a skeptic or not, one thing is certain, science validates the existence of energy in all things.
There are 7 chakra locations on our body: root, sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, brow, and crown. Each is responsible for a different energy and is linked with a specific music, shape, age,, element, gland, sense, crystal, plant, life issue, astrological sign, and angel.
For the chakra newbie, here’s a quick overview.
- Muladhara: root chakra
Location: Base of spine. Matures at age 7.
- Concerned with integrity, ancestral attitudes, personal hardships, and family history.
- A healthy root chakra is flexible, adaptable, focused, patient, and giving. It’s also the fight or flight energy.
- The positive archetype is the Earth mother. The negative archetype is the victim.
- Associated elements are: sage, musical note C, sense of smell, red, cinnamon oil, lead, ruby and hematite, percussion rhythms, and the Archangel Michael.
- The positive archetype is the Mother, the negative archetype is the victim.
Svadhisthana: sacral chakra
- Location: Two inches below the naval and inside the pelvis. Matures by age 14.
- Controls health. Responsible for controlling our sex drive, appetite, and need for giving and/or receiving pleasure.
- Requires food, sex, work, fun, and exercise.
- Functions well if person believes they deserve good things in life.
- Associated with musical note D, water, Latin dance, tiger’s eye and onyx, tin, color orange, jasmine, yoga, and the archangel Metatron.
- Positive archetype is the Emperor/Empress and the negative archetype is the Martyr.
Manipura: solar plexus chakra
- Location: Below sternum and over stomach. Matures between ages 12- 21.
- Responsible for gut instinct and personal power.
- Concerned with finances, relationships, career, responsibility, and personal identity. Grows strong and resilient with challenges.
- Associated with: musical note E, yellow, topaz and citrine, gold, competitive sports, and carnation.
- The positive archetype is the warrior; the negative, the servant.
Anahata: heart chakra
- Location: Middle of the chest. Matures between ages 28-35.
- Responsible for creating loving and mature bonds.
- Concerted with Peace, Love,Unity, and Joy. Requires sharing, touching, and establishing or maintaining personal connections.
- Healthy when you are kind, accepting, and inclusive. Weak if you are withholding, judgmental, critical, and superficial.
- Distress, pain, and loss cause the energy field to contract.
- Aspects are: choir music, air, Venus, sun, gold, copper, peridot, diamond, deer, yoga, massage, and the archangel Raphael.
Vishuddha: throat chakra
- Location: The throat. Matures between ages 35-40.
- Conduit to a higher spiritual realm, aka “The Mouth of God.”
- Set free when you speak with integrity, humility,inspiration, and truth.
- Weakened by unvoiced emotions ( fear, anger, and gossip), smoking, poor health, alcohol, and drugs.
- Associated with: musical note G, opera, hearing, aquamarine, turquoise, sparrow hawk, gardenia, chanting, fasting, and the archangel Gabriel.
Ajna: brow chakra
- You’re familiar with this one–it’s the 3rd eye! Location: Between the brows. Matures in mid 30’s.
- Responsible for spirituality, right thinking, discernment, maturity, analysis, andwisdom.
- Helps the emotional, intuitive, and creative brain realize harmony.
- Creates our reality—good or bad–and has the power to create misery or happiness.
- Associated with: 5 point star, silver, Peru, sapphire, tanzanite, lapis lazuli, sweet pea, heliotrope, Mozart sonatas, musical note A, indigo, and the feminine face of God.
- Positive archetypes include, Elders, philosophers,and wise ones.
- Negative archetypes include pedantic pedagogues and narrow-minded intellectuals.
Sahasrara: crown chakra
- Location: Top of head. Matures during mid 40’s and later.
- Responsible for spirituality, wisdom, discernment.
- Concerned with personal and worldly insights. Embraced and cultivated by mystics and healers.
- Requires rest, calm, balance, and inner peace to operate at full capacity. (I’m thinking this is only possible if teens have left the home).
- Associated with: color violet, musical note B, alexandrite, amethyst, Indian raga, platinum, lotus flower,lavender oil, meditation, and prayer.
- The Guru is the positive archetype, the Egoist, the negative.
Pssst! Discover the cosmic line between myth & scientific possibility in this sassy-smart urban fantasy series. Books 1 & 2 of the 5-part Merkabah Series are self-published and available on Amazon. Book 3 coming soon!
Related Posts: Engaging Enigmas